Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Study for "Burlesque Girl"

I created this study during the recent painting of "Burlesque Girl." The dimensions on this particular study are 12x20" and I am very pleased with the outcome of the work. In many ways, I like it more than the finished product as this is a slightly larger portrait than the final painting and at this scale would have made quite an impact. I learned a lot about my approach in this little study such as my handling of soft edges and the building up of multiple layers of paint to produce a rich and interesting surface quality. In all, I wanted to take a moment to share this study with you in hopes that you might gain something by studying it. As always, I would encourage you to become a subscriber to my blog by following the link provided on the right hand side or follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/wseccombe. Thank you.


Billy Seccombe
www.billyseccombe.om
https://twitter.com/wseccombe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment below: