Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Phillip Pearlstein

Recently, I was compared to the great Phillip Pearlstein by my friend Tim Coolbaugh. I had the chance to see some of his work before I ever knew who he was and I must say that the work was impressive. I especially liked the the random props which he incorporated in his work to provide strong compositional elements such as wrought iron, inflatable chairs, and neon lights. I was not overly impressed by his painting technique but the over all presentation of his work was certainly effective. Additionally, it's interesting to know that Phillip Pearlstein was a close friend of the late Andy Warhol and had travelled with Andy from Pennsylvania in the 1950's to become an artist in New York. Taking all of these things into account I will greatfully accept that comparison. Thank you Tim.


Billy Seccombe
www.billyseccombe.om
https://twitter.com/wseccombe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment below: